Our objective is to maintain a safe, healthy and productive community and in-school learning environment throughout the school year.
Johnson County COVID-19 task force members are working together for the good of the community while making independent decisions based on each entities unique circumstances. All decisions are based on continuously evolving local health status and recommendations from Dr. Schueler, who is focused on serious illness and mortality caused by COVID-19.
– Johnson County, Wyoming Covid Task Force: Johnson County School District #1, Johnson County Public Health, Sheridan College Johnson County Campus, and Johnson County Healthcare Center
As of September 3, 2021
Confirmed Johnson County, Wyoming COVID-19 Data
Updated Every Friday by 5 p.m.
Total Johnson County Hospitalizations due to COVID: 1
Total Lab-Confirmed Active COVID Cases in Johnson County: 61
JCSD#1 Absenteeism due to positive COVID cases and close-contact quarantine:
- 2.4 % of staff members are absent due to COVID-19 (based on 250 staff members)
- 2.9% of students are absent due to COVID-19 (based on 1,200 students)
JCSD#1 Absenteeism due to Confirmed Positive Cases vs. Close-Contact Quarantine:
- Less than 1% of all staff and students throughout JCSD#1 are absent due to lab-confirmed COVID-19 cases
- 2% of all staff and students throughout JCSD#1 are absent due to close-contact quarantine (they are not lab-confirmed COVID-19 cases)
JOHNSON COUNTY COVID RECOMMENDATIONS
- We support and encourage COVID-19 vaccinations.
- The Wyoming Department of Health recommends face masks indoors when social distancing isn’t possible. While they are not currently required, masks are Highly Recommended in our schools.
- Clean your hands often, with soap and water or hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home when you’re sick, and seek medical attention when you need it.
REQUIRED DAILY SCREENING BEFORE WORK OR SCHOOL:
Check symptoms prior to arriving at school or work. Stay home if you experience any of the following:
- Fever (100.4 degrees) or chills
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste and/or smell
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea
CDC COVID-19 National Data Tracker
Learn more about Wyoming, USA and global COVID data.