Rural Addressing System

Johnson County Road and Bridge is responsible for maintaining the county Rural Addressing System.  The Rural Addressing System is based on a "mileage post system" (basically the distance in miles from the beginning of an addressable road to the point being addressed).

Johnson County Road & Bridge will be  installing new address signs for the entire county.  They will install new signs at no cost to residents.  You can contact the Road & Bridge office at 307-684-2262 or if you need an address assigned or  sign installed.