Johnson County Planning and Zoning Fees
Johnson County Comprehensive Land Use Plan, Adopted April 19, 2005
2005 Mission Statement:
Protect, preserve and develop important physical, cultural, economic, recreational, scenic, agricultural, environmental and other resources of Johnson County for current and future generations. Preserve or improve the quality of life of Johnson County residents through innovative and resourceful planning. Preserve the rural character of Johnson County. Balance individual rights with responsibilities, land use needs for long-term community development, as well as long-term goals of the Land Use Plan.
- Adopt a comprehensive Land Use Plan that, under federal and state law, will require recognition and consideration by state and federal agencies when formulating policies or plans that affect Johnson County.
- Protect or preserve the integrity of the county’s natural and other resources, including agriculture, water resources, wildlife habitat and open space.
- Conserve the customs, culture and rural character of Johnson
- Ensure that there is planned and responsible growth within Johnson
- Minimize the cost for providing services and infrastructure necessary to support future
- Balance rights of property owners with responsibilities for protecting property values and the county’s quality of life.
- Enable future land use expansion that will sustain economic growth and provide greater stability to the county economy.
- Plan for future services and amenities for county residents.
Click Here Download Comprehensive Plan
Natural Resource Management Plan (NRMP)
The Johnson County Commissioners adopted Resolution No. 651 on December 1, 2020, approving the Johnson County Natural Resource Management Plan.
Click here for Natural Resource Management Plan (NRMP)
Johnson County Socioeconomic Profile
Johnson County Subdivision Regulations
adopted by Resolution # 672 on 11/2/2021
Johnson County Road & Bridge Standards/Subdivision Road & Bridge Standards
Proposed DRAFT Johnson County Zoning Regulations-March 11, 2014
Contact the Johnson County Planning Department by mail, by telephoning (307) 684-1907 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
Click below to see the Draft Johnson County Zoning Regulations:
- Cover Pages
- Letter of Certification from the Johnson County Planning & Zoning Commission
- Table of Contents
- Title Page and Abbreviations
- Part I – Introduction
- Part II – Zoning Districts Title Page & Quick Reference Table
- Part II – Zoning Districts and Overlays
- Part III – Supplementary Provisions
- Part IV – Administration
- Part V – Definitions
- Part VI – Appendices
- Part VI – Zoning Map
More detailed Draft Zoning maps are available in the Planning Department Office.