Johnson County Comprehensive Plan Update, Revision, and Amendment
The Johnson County Planning and Zoning Commission has started discussions about the 2005 Comprehensive Plan. Updating the plan will involve regular meetings, work sessions, and special meetings. Contact the County Planning Department with questions about the current plan or the process to update a plan.
Johnson County Subdivision Regulation Revision and Amendment
Updated November 10, 2021
The Johnson County Planning and Zoning Commission certified the amended Subdivision Regulation to the Board of County Commissioners on October 19, 2021.
The Board of Johnson County Commissioners approved Resolution # 672 adopting the revised subdivision regulation on November 2, 2021.
Copies of the regulation are available under the Planning & Zoning Documents page.
Johnson County Permitting & Subdivision Fees
As part of the subdivision amendment, Planning Department Fees were revisited. The County Planning and Zoning Commission recommended new fees for Septic Permitting and Subdivision Application Review.
The Board of Johnson County Commissioner approved Resolution # 673 adopting new fees for Septic Permitting and Subdivision Review.
Information Regarding Status of Draft Johnson County Zoning Regulations
Updated March 28, 2014
FINAL ZONING REGULATIONS CERTIFIED AND PRESENTED TO BOARD OF JOHNSON COUNTY COMMISSIONERS ON MARCH 18, 2014
On Tuesday, March 18, 2014, the Johnson County Planning Department and Planning & Zoning Commission presented the final complete Johnson County Zoning Regulations to the Board of County Commissioners. Some minor changes were made to the document after the Public Hearings held by the Planning and Zoning Commission on December 4, 2013 in Buffalo and December 5, 2013 in Kaycee.
No decision has been made by the Board of County Commissioners on adoption and no time frame has been set for any future action on the regulations
Copies of the final regulations are available in electronic form on this website (see Planning & Zoning Documents page). Electronic copies on disk (CD) can also be acquired at the Johnson County Planning Department office at 26 N. DeSmet Street in Buffalo, WY, by calling to (307) 684-1907 or by email to email@example.com.
Printed copies of the final regulations are available at the following locations:
- Johnson County Planning Department, Office Annex A, 26 N. DeSmet, Suite A, Buffalo, WY
- Johnson County Public Library, 171 N. Adams Street, Buffalo, WY
- Kaycee Branch of Johnson County Public Library, 231 Ritter Avenue, Kaycee, WY (copies available by Friday, March 28, 2014)
Copies of the draft document are also available via the following methods and formats:
- Electronic files format on disks (CD’s) at the Johnson County Planning Department office, Johnson County Office Annex A, 26 N. DeSmet, Buffalo, WY.
- Electronic files format on this Johnson County Government website (Planning & Zoning Department, Planning & Zoning Documents link)
- Upon request, mailed copy of CD or printed document. Contact the Johnson County Planning & Zoning Department to request mailing – Telephone (307) 684-1907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Draft Zoning Regulations Public Comments Workshop, Kaycee, WY – November 29, 2012
The above information has been provided by Rob Yingling, Johnson County Planner & Project Manager – Last updated: March 28, 2014